In my comments box, I received a lovely surprise from Michelle at All Home Cooking. All Year Long in the form of a blogging award! Thank you, Michelle, for your thoughtfulness! It’s exciting to know that people (other than my family and friends) read my blog. I feel motivated to post more frequently than my obligatory Flavorful Fridays (hint, hint: look for more posts this week, guys)!
So, in accordance with the rules of the award, I will try let you know seven things you don’t already know about me. And, I will pass this honor of the Kreativ Blogger Award to fellow bloggers whose blogs I enjoy reading when I get the time.
Here are seven things about me (it was more difficult to come up with these than I thought it would be):
1. I don’t like olives. Thus, the reason you won’t find recipes calling for olives as an ingredient on Tomatoes and Basil.
2. I am taking cake decorating classes, so that I can be like my mother and make beautiful cakes for special occasions for my friends and family…and one day, cute birthday cakes for any little ones that come along (and no, this is not an announcement).
3. I could easily make an entire meal out of sliced prosciutto and caprese (tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese)…and not feel guilty about it.
4. When I was 17, I spent the summer working in my cousins’ restaurant in northern Italy. It was the most amazing experience.
5. I would love to combine my love for food and cooking with my day job as writer/editor. Any publishers out there looking for a new cookbook idea?
6. My favorite counter-top appliance is my KitchenAid Mixer, or maybe my Cuisinart. Hmm…can it be a tie?
7. I refuse to buy filled pasta (even though Trader Joe’s ravioli and tortellini aren’t bad). Why own a pasta machine and ravioli tray if I’m going to buy pasta instead of making it myself?
OK. Enough about me. Here are some bloggers that I enjoy reading and that I feel embody the creative blog ideal of this award.
1. Lindsay and Taylor at Love & Olive Oil for their photography and delicious recipes.
2. Clara at I Heart Cuppycakes for her creatively decorated cupcakes.
3. Eleonora at Aglio, Olio, & Peperoncino for her take on all things Italian.
4. Nicole at Cooking After Five for her must-try recipes.
5. Megan at What Megan’s Making for her recipes and husband’s rating scale.